Updated Mar 9, 2012 - 12:10 pm
Report: Manning visit to Arizona looming
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed a Denver Post report, former four-time MVP quarterback will be making the rounds to meet with potential future employers, starting with John Elway and the Denver Broncos Friday night.
The long-time heralded leader of the Indianapolis Colts' offense has Arizona at the top of his travel list, as well.
One NFL source said Manning will also visit the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after visiting with the Broncos. A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency
This report is positive news for the Cardinals, who appear to be a serious contender in the Manning sweepstakes. The 14-year veteran quarterback has been cleared by his neck specialist and has seemingly made great strides in his recovery over the past few weeks.
The Colts officially parted ways with Manning when they announced Wednesday at a press conference in Indianapolis their plans to release him.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?