Updated Mar 9, 2012 - 12:10 pm
Report: Manning visit to Arizona looming
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed a Denver Post report, former four-time MVP quarterback will be making the rounds to meet with potential future employers, starting with John Elway and the Denver Broncos Friday night.
The long-time heralded leader of the Indianapolis Colts' offense has Arizona at the top of his travel list, as well.
One NFL source said Manning will also visit the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after visiting with the Broncos. A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency
This report is positive news for the Cardinals, who appear to be a serious contender in the Manning sweepstakes. The 14-year veteran quarterback has been cleared by his neck specialist and has seemingly made great strides in his recovery over the past few weeks.
The Colts officially parted ways with Manning when they announced Wednesday at a press conference in Indianapolis their plans to release him.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.