Updated Oct 10, 2013 - 8:58 am
Rich Rod talks about almost taking Alabama job
In fact, he was such a hot coaching commodity that he almost became the head coach at Alabama. Instead, Nick Saban got the job -- a hire that has worked out pretty well for the Crimson Tide.
Instead, Rodriguez returned to West Virginia and guided the Mountaineers to a 10-2 record and a Fiesta Bowl appearance before bolting to take the Michigan job.
Here, in an interview with Seth Davis, Rodriguez talks about those days six years ago when he almost became the head coach in Tuscaloosa.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.