Updated Oct 10, 2013 - 8:58 am
Rich Rod talks about almost taking Alabama job
In fact, he was such a hot coaching commodity that he almost became the head coach at Alabama. Instead, Nick Saban got the job -- a hire that has worked out pretty well for the Crimson Tide.
Instead, Rodriguez returned to West Virginia and guided the Mountaineers to a 10-2 record and a Fiesta Bowl appearance before bolting to take the Michigan job.
Here, in an interview with Seth Davis, Rodriguez talks about those days six years ago when he almost became the head coach in Tuscaloosa.
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.