Updated Oct 10, 2013 - 8:58 am
Rich Rod talks about almost taking Alabama job
In fact, he was such a hot coaching commodity that he almost became the head coach at Alabama. Instead, Nick Saban got the job -- a hire that has worked out pretty well for the Crimson Tide.
Instead, Rodriguez returned to West Virginia and guided the Mountaineers to a 10-2 record and a Fiesta Bowl appearance before bolting to take the Michigan job.
Here, in an interview with Seth Davis, Rodriguez talks about those days six years ago when he almost became the head coach in Tuscaloosa.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.