Ice Bites: Defense a trouble area for Coyotes
It's time to face the facts: The Phoenix Coyotes aren't the same defensive team they've been over the past few seasons.
That was on display Saturday as the team lost its first game in regulation thanks to the Anaheim Ducks. That was followed by Monday's showing in Nashville, where the Predators jumped out to a 3-0 lead.
The defensive issues for the Coyotes are complex. One change won't be enough to fix the issue. Players are dropping assignments, which is leading to Mike Smith seeing more shots, which is leading to more goals being scored.
But the biggest problem on the Coyotes blue line? Well, you'll just have to watch and see.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.