Ice Bites: Defense a trouble area for Coyotes
It's time to face the facts: The Phoenix Coyotes aren't the same defensive team they've been over the past few seasons.
That was on display Saturday as the team lost its first game in regulation thanks to the Anaheim Ducks. That was followed by Monday's showing in Nashville, where the Predators jumped out to a 3-0 lead.
The defensive issues for the Coyotes are complex. One change won't be enough to fix the issue. Players are dropping assignments, which is leading to Mike Smith seeing more shots, which is leading to more goals being scored.
But the biggest problem on the Coyotes blue line? Well, you'll just have to watch and see.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.
- Brendan Perlini, Newest Arizona Coyote - Friday June 27Brendan Perlini talks about what it is like to get drafted by the Arizona Coyotes.