Ice Bites: Coyotes winning from the shadows
Over the past few weeks, I've seen a lot of complaints that the media is ignoring the Phoenix Coyotes.
You know, the team that's near the top of the National Hockey League in points? The one that's massively outpacing both its point production and goals per game compared to last season? Ya, THAT Phoenix Coyotes team.
But the fact that they're being ignored is a good thing. The Coyotes have made a habit of succeeding while being ignored. And it's working.
So go ahead, everyone, ignore the Coyotes. They'll happily take two points and move right along.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?