Coyotes Ice Bites: Why Movember matters
For this episode of "Ice Bites," we're taking a step back from Phoenix Coyotes hockey to talk about something important: men's health.
Now before you freak out and close the page, give me a second to explain. As guys, we hate talking about ourselves, especially our health. We'd mush rather talk about our weekend than our doctor's visit when we sit down for beers.
And that's fine. That's why we have Movemeber (Mustache November). Guys sport weird facial hair for a month to raise funds and awareness for men's health issues. No one is saying to talk about it or post it on Facebook, but Movember is intended to get guys thinking about their health for just a month in hopes that it becomes habitual.
Being a man means stepping up and doing things you don't like. That includes taking care of ourselves.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?