Coyotes Ice Bites: Why Movember matters
For this episode of "Ice Bites," we're taking a step back from Phoenix Coyotes hockey to talk about something important: men's health.
Now before you freak out and close the page, give me a second to explain. As guys, we hate talking about ourselves, especially our health. We'd mush rather talk about our weekend than our doctor's visit when we sit down for beers.
And that's fine. That's why we have Movemeber (Mustache November). Guys sport weird facial hair for a month to raise funds and awareness for men's health issues. No one is saying to talk about it or post it on Facebook, but Movember is intended to get guys thinking about their health for just a month in hopes that it becomes habitual.
Being a man means stepping up and doing things you don't like. That includes taking care of ourselves.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Coyotes fall flat late under new owners
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday April 9Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses the team's recent five-game losing streak.