Coyotes Ice Bites: Phoenix fans get bragging rights over Detroit
I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to mock the Detroit Red Wings.
Undoubtedly, Coyotes fans are well aware that Phoenix took both games against the hated Wings this season. In two games, the Coyotes outscored the Wings 9-4, won a majority of the faceoffs and were, basically, better.
At a risk of coming off as bitter, I have to give the Wings some credit. The only reason they're so despised in Phoenix is because they've historically dominated the Coyotes. They always seem to thwart the Coyotes' chances or hopes and fans don't like that.
But Coyotes fans have a new boast over Detroit: Mike Smith, the goalie, scored! Enjoy the bragging rights.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Tippett: Outdoor game in Phoenix would be 'great for our city'
- Coyotes coach Tippett: Backup G Thomas Greiss has 'earned the confidence of his teammates'
- 'Yotes Notes: Vermette celebrates big night with two-goal performance in win over Colorado
- Ice Bites: Where would the Coyotes host an outdoor NHL game?
- Report: Phoenix Coyotes ready to host outdoor game
- Antoine Vermette, Coyotes Center - Wednesday December 11Antoine Vermette discusses his two-goal performance against the Avalanche Tuesday.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Wednesday December 11The Yotes grabbed a solid bounce back win over the Avalanche.
- Mike Ribeiro, Phoenix Coyotes center - Thursday December 5The biggest takeaways from Wednesday night's game against Calgary.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Thursday December 5Tippett discussed goalie Mike Smith's inconsistency.
- Don Maloney, Phoenix Coyotes GM - Wednesday December 4How were the Coyotes able to get back on track? Can they build off of this win?