Coyotes Ice Bites: Phoenix fans get bragging rights over Detroit
I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to mock the Detroit Red Wings.
Undoubtedly, Coyotes fans are well aware that Phoenix took both games against the hated Wings this season. In two games, the Coyotes outscored the Wings 9-4, won a majority of the faceoffs and were, basically, better.
At a risk of coming off as bitter, I have to give the Wings some credit. The only reason they're so despised in Phoenix is because they've historically dominated the Coyotes. They always seem to thwart the Coyotes' chances or hopes and fans don't like that.
But Coyotes fans have a new boast over Detroit: Mike Smith, the goalie, scored! Enjoy the bragging rights.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes on right financial track with new owners
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?