Updated May 13, 2014 - 8:19 am
Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner throws out first pitch at Arizona Diamondbacks game
There, the Phoenix Mercury center threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Chase Field crowd of 16,225.
The Mercury begin their season Saturday, May 17 at US Airways Center against the Seattle Storm. They lost each of their first two preseason games in Orlando, Fla. against the Minnesota Lynx and Indiana Fever, respectively.
Griner is entering her second season with the Mercury in 2014, after becoming WNBA All-Star last season.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.