Updated Jun 15, 2013 - 3:21 am
Diamondbacks react to suspensions -- Anchorman style
Although we may not have heard the last of it, suspensions were handed out Friday for the actions taken by several players and coaches during Tuesday night's brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
More Dodgers were hit with suspensions and fines, but the Diamondbacks received the harsher penalties. Ian Kennedy was slapped with a 10-game suspension for his bean ball to the head of Zack Greinke. Assistant coach Matt Williams faces a two-game leave. Manager Kirk Gibson, like LA's Don Mattingly, was hit with a one-game suspension. And D-backs reserve Eric Hinske was curiously slapped with a five-gamer, though those who saw the brawl aren't sure why.
The Diamondbacks-Dodger brawl was a classic. It had the entire sports world talking. In fact, the fight was so vicious (by baseball standards) it reminded a few of us at KTAR & Arizona Sports 620 of another infamous cockfight: A certain backstreet brawl between a few rival San Diego news stations.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.