Updated Jun 15, 2013 - 3:21 am
Diamondbacks react to suspensions -- Anchorman style
Although we may not have heard the last of it, suspensions were handed out Friday for the actions taken by several players and coaches during Tuesday night's brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
More Dodgers were hit with suspensions and fines, but the Diamondbacks received the harsher penalties. Ian Kennedy was slapped with a 10-game suspension for his bean ball to the head of Zack Greinke. Assistant coach Matt Williams faces a two-game leave. Manager Kirk Gibson, like LA's Don Mattingly, was hit with a one-game suspension. And D-backs reserve Eric Hinske was curiously slapped with a five-gamer, though those who saw the brawl aren't sure why.
The Diamondbacks-Dodger brawl was a classic. It had the entire sports world talking. In fact, the fight was so vicious (by baseball standards) it reminded a few of us at KTAR & Arizona Sports 620 of another infamous cockfight: A certain backstreet brawl between a few rival San Diego news stations.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.