Updated Jun 15, 2013 - 3:21 am
Diamondbacks react to suspensions -- Anchorman style
Although we may not have heard the last of it, suspensions were handed out Friday for the actions taken by several players and coaches during Tuesday night's brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
More Dodgers were hit with suspensions and fines, but the Diamondbacks received the harsher penalties. Ian Kennedy was slapped with a 10-game suspension for his bean ball to the head of Zack Greinke. Assistant coach Matt Williams faces a two-game leave. Manager Kirk Gibson, like LA's Don Mattingly, was hit with a one-game suspension. And D-backs reserve Eric Hinske was curiously slapped with a five-gamer, though those who saw the brawl aren't sure why.
The Diamondbacks-Dodger brawl was a classic. It had the entire sports world talking. In fact, the fight was so vicious (by baseball standards) it reminded a few of us at KTAR & Arizona Sports 620 of another infamous cockfight: A certain backstreet brawl between a few rival San Diego news stations.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?