Updated Jun 15, 2013 - 3:21 am
Diamondbacks react to suspensions -- Anchorman style
Although we may not have heard the last of it, suspensions were handed out Friday for the actions taken by several players and coaches during Tuesday night's brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
More Dodgers were hit with suspensions and fines, but the Diamondbacks received the harsher penalties. Ian Kennedy was slapped with a 10-game suspension for his bean ball to the head of Zack Greinke. Assistant coach Matt Williams faces a two-game leave. Manager Kirk Gibson, like LA's Don Mattingly, was hit with a one-game suspension. And D-backs reserve Eric Hinske was curiously slapped with a five-gamer, though those who saw the brawl aren't sure why.
The Diamondbacks-Dodger brawl was a classic. It had the entire sports world talking. In fact, the fight was so vicious (by baseball standards) it reminded a few of us at KTAR & Arizona Sports 620 of another infamous cockfight: A certain backstreet brawl between a few rival San Diego news stations.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.