Updated Jun 15, 2013 - 3:21 am
Diamondbacks react to suspensions -- Anchorman style
Although we may not have heard the last of it, suspensions were handed out Friday for the actions taken by several players and coaches during Tuesday night's brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers.
More Dodgers were hit with suspensions and fines, but the Diamondbacks received the harsher penalties. Ian Kennedy was slapped with a 10-game suspension for his bean ball to the head of Zack Greinke. Assistant coach Matt Williams faces a two-game leave. Manager Kirk Gibson, like LA's Don Mattingly, was hit with a one-game suspension. And D-backs reserve Eric Hinske was curiously slapped with a five-gamer, though those who saw the brawl aren't sure why.
The Diamondbacks-Dodger brawl was a classic. It had the entire sports world talking. In fact, the fight was so vicious (by baseball standards) it reminded a few of us at KTAR & Arizona Sports 620 of another infamous cockfight: A certain backstreet brawl between a few rival San Diego news stations.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.