Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Venom Vision: The bullpen's unsung hero
The right-hander threw four scoreless innings in the win and continues to personify the role of the utility pitcher. From long reliever to bullpen saver, the former starter has embraced his place in the D-backs' pen, and the team is better for it.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the focus is put on the D-backs' speed on the base paths -- or lack thereof. While Arizona has done a nice job of going first to third or extending singles into doubles so far in 2013, Kirk Gibson's squad is currently dead last in all of baseball in stolen base percentage (20-of-38).
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.