Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Venom Vision: The bullpen's unsung hero
The right-hander threw four scoreless innings in the win and continues to personify the role of the utility pitcher. From long reliever to bullpen saver, the former starter has embraced his place in the D-backs' pen, and the team is better for it.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the focus is put on the D-backs' speed on the base paths -- or lack thereof. While Arizona has done a nice job of going first to third or extending singles into doubles so far in 2013, Kirk Gibson's squad is currently dead last in all of baseball in stolen base percentage (20-of-38).
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.