Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Venom Vision: The bullpen's unsung hero
The right-hander threw four scoreless innings in the win and continues to personify the role of the utility pitcher. From long reliever to bullpen saver, the former starter has embraced his place in the D-backs' pen, and the team is better for it.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the focus is put on the D-backs' speed on the base paths -- or lack thereof. While Arizona has done a nice job of going first to third or extending singles into doubles so far in 2013, Kirk Gibson's squad is currently dead last in all of baseball in stolen base percentage (20-of-38).
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.