Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Venom Vision: The bullpen's unsung hero
The right-hander threw four scoreless innings in the win and continues to personify the role of the utility pitcher. From long reliever to bullpen saver, the former starter has embraced his place in the D-backs' pen, and the team is better for it.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the focus is put on the D-backs' speed on the base paths -- or lack thereof. While Arizona has done a nice job of going first to third or extending singles into doubles so far in 2013, Kirk Gibson's squad is currently dead last in all of baseball in stolen base percentage (20-of-38).
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?