Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:19 pm
Venom Vision: D-backs becoming reminiscent of 2011 team
Two-thirds of the D-backs' games have been decided by two runs or less, and they are winning a bunch of them. Arizona is tops in the big leagues in one-run wins and in extra-inning wins. It's still early, but this team is starting to look an awful lot like the 2011 squad that won the NL West.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the prospect of trading Ian Kennedy is raised. With Tyler Skaggs waiting in the wings in Triple-A Reno, Daniel Hudson set to come off the disabled list around July and Archie Bradley progressing through the farm system, it might be time for Kevin Towers to explore a deal with the team's Opening Day starter, who has not pitched well in 2013. Kennedy is under the team's control through 2015, but now is as good a time as any to make a move.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.