Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:19 pm
Venom Vision: D-backs becoming reminiscent of 2011 team
Two-thirds of the D-backs' games have been decided by two runs or less, and they are winning a bunch of them. Arizona is tops in the big leagues in one-run wins and in extra-inning wins. It's still early, but this team is starting to look an awful lot like the 2011 squad that won the NL West.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the prospect of trading Ian Kennedy is raised. With Tyler Skaggs waiting in the wings in Triple-A Reno, Daniel Hudson set to come off the disabled list around July and Archie Bradley progressing through the farm system, it might be time for Kevin Towers to explore a deal with the team's Opening Day starter, who has not pitched well in 2013. Kennedy is under the team's control through 2015, but now is as good a time as any to make a move.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.