Updated May 30, 2013 - 4:19 pm
Venom Vision: D-backs becoming reminiscent of 2011 team
Two-thirds of the D-backs' games have been decided by two runs or less, and they are winning a bunch of them. Arizona is tops in the big leagues in one-run wins and in extra-inning wins. It's still early, but this team is starting to look an awful lot like the 2011 squad that won the NL West.
In the Around the Diamond segment, the prospect of trading Ian Kennedy is raised. With Tyler Skaggs waiting in the wings in Triple-A Reno, Daniel Hudson set to come off the disabled list around July and Archie Bradley progressing through the farm system, it might be time for Kevin Towers to explore a deal with the team's Opening Day starter, who has not pitched well in 2013. Kennedy is under the team's control through 2015, but now is as good a time as any to make a move.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.