Updated Mar 29, 2014 - 6:09 pm
Suns' Miles Plumlee records several highlight-reel dunks vs. Knicks
Plumlee finished with 11 points on 5-of-6 shooting. He also added three assists and a team-high 12 rebounds in 23 minutes, as the Suns dominated New York on the glass 56-37.
It was Plumlee's first double-double since Jan. 27 in Philadelphia, and his 11th of the year. He was the first name out of Jeff Hornacek's mouth after the game as the head coach praised his team's effort on the boards.
"We're a decent rebounding team, but when we out-rebound somebody big, we're usually pretty good because we can get out and run on the fast breaks," Hornacek said. "I think overall it was probably the best performance of the year."
The second-year center, despite earning a spot in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star Weekend, struggled in February, only earning 21.9 minutes per game and averaging 5.7 points and 7.4 rebounds.
Plumlee's numbers in March haven't been any better, as he has only posted 6.2 points and 6.5 rebounds in 19.2 minutes -- counting Friday's game.
However, the 25-year-old big man looked like he was back in his early-season form Friday, as he had several athletic dunks off missed shots and lobs against New York.
Check out his reverse alley-oop finish from Eric Bledsoe and a left-handed putback off a Gerald Green miss in the videos below. The former was named the dunk of the night on NBA.com. Click here to watch his right-handed throwdown on a second quarter fast break. He also had a powerful two-handed putback off a P.J. Tucker miss in the fourth quarter, getting him into double-figures in points.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.