Updated Mar 29, 2014 - 6:09 pm
Suns' Miles Plumlee records several highlight-reel dunks vs. Knicks
Plumlee finished with 11 points on 5-of-6 shooting. He also added three assists and a team-high 12 rebounds in 23 minutes, as the Suns dominated New York on the glass 56-37.
It was Plumlee's first double-double since Jan. 27 in Philadelphia, and his 11th of the year. He was the first name out of Jeff Hornacek's mouth after the game as the head coach praised his team's effort on the boards.
"We're a decent rebounding team, but when we out-rebound somebody big, we're usually pretty good because we can get out and run on the fast breaks," Hornacek said. "I think overall it was probably the best performance of the year."
The second-year center, despite earning a spot in the Rising Stars Challenge during All-Star Weekend, struggled in February, only earning 21.9 minutes per game and averaging 5.7 points and 7.4 rebounds.
Plumlee's numbers in March haven't been any better, as he has only posted 6.2 points and 6.5 rebounds in 19.2 minutes -- counting Friday's game.
However, the 25-year-old big man looked like he was back in his early-season form Friday, as he had several athletic dunks off missed shots and lobs against New York.
Check out his reverse alley-oop finish from Eric Bledsoe and a left-handed putback off a Gerald Green miss in the videos below. The former was named the dunk of the night on NBA.com. Click here to watch his right-handed throwdown on a second quarter fast break. He also had a powerful two-handed putback off a P.J. Tucker miss in the fourth quarter, getting him into double-figures in points.
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.