Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: After Lions, before Saints
The Arizona Cardinals beat the Detroit Lions 25-21 last week to improve to 1-1 on the season. Big Red scored nine points in the fourth quarter and did not allow the Lions offense to score in the second half. It was the definition of winning a game late by making more plays than the opponent.
Now the Cards are preparing for their toughest test of the early season, the 2-0 New Orleans Saints.
Running the ball well against the Saints will be critical. The Saints struggle to stop the run and, on paper, this is one area where the Cards can exploit defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's unit.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Agent confirms Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall to retire
- Daryn Colledge tweets of his release from Cardinals
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!