Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: After Lions, before Saints
The Arizona Cardinals beat the Detroit Lions 25-21 last week to improve to 1-1 on the season. Big Red scored nine points in the fourth quarter and did not allow the Lions offense to score in the second half. It was the definition of winning a game late by making more plays than the opponent.
Now the Cards are preparing for their toughest test of the early season, the 2-0 New Orleans Saints.
Running the ball well against the Saints will be critical. The Saints struggle to stop the run and, on paper, this is one area where the Cards can exploit defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's unit.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.