Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: After Lions, before Saints
The Arizona Cardinals beat the Detroit Lions 25-21 last week to improve to 1-1 on the season. Big Red scored nine points in the fourth quarter and did not allow the Lions offense to score in the second half. It was the definition of winning a game late by making more plays than the opponent.
Now the Cards are preparing for their toughest test of the early season, the 2-0 New Orleans Saints.
Running the ball well against the Saints will be critical. The Saints struggle to stop the run and, on paper, this is one area where the Cards can exploit defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's unit.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- What a difference a year makes for Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?