Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: After Lions, before Saints
The Arizona Cardinals beat the Detroit Lions 25-21 last week to improve to 1-1 on the season. Big Red scored nine points in the fourth quarter and did not allow the Lions offense to score in the second half. It was the definition of winning a game late by making more plays than the opponent.
Now the Cards are preparing for their toughest test of the early season, the 2-0 New Orleans Saints.
Running the ball well against the Saints will be critical. The Saints struggle to stop the run and, on paper, this is one area where the Cards can exploit defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's unit.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?