Updated Sep 20, 2013 - 7:07 pm
The Big Red Wolf Report: After Lions, before Saints
The Arizona Cardinals beat the Detroit Lions 25-21 last week to improve to 1-1 on the season. Big Red scored nine points in the fourth quarter and did not allow the Lions offense to score in the second half. It was the definition of winning a game late by making more plays than the opponent.
Now the Cards are preparing for their toughest test of the early season, the 2-0 New Orleans Saints.
Running the ball well against the Saints will be critical. The Saints struggle to stop the run and, on paper, this is one area where the Cards can exploit defensive coordinator Rob Ryan's unit.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.