Updated May 29, 2014 - 12:35 pm
Bird interrupts pitch at D-backs game, survives
The ump called time as the ball sailed inside, and fortunately for the bird its trek across the field was successful.
Of course, as most D-backs fans can tell you, not every bird can be so fortunate.
Back in spring training 2001, a Randy Johnson pitch connected with a bird, sending the ball to the backstop and the bird to oblivion.
You'd think maybe that would have sent a message to birds everywhere not to do that, but Twitter didn't exist back then so it couldn't be 'tweeted'.
We'll show ourselves out, thank you.
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months