Reporter congratulates tennis player for win -- problem is, he lost
Of course, when the compliment is "congratulations" for winning a tennis match that you actually lost, perhaps a negative response is expected and validated.
Sunday at the French Open, after losing his first round match, France's Nicolas Mahut was congratulated by a reporter for his victory.
Upon informing the reporter that he actually lost the match, Mahut went on to ask him if he'd watched the match.
Sure enough, he hadn't.
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months