Rice secures commitment from three-star QB with letter to his cat
But apparently, Rice University found a new way to reach out to potential recruits.
According to the Houston Chronicle, the Owls were eager to land three-star quarterback J.T. Granato from nearby Kinkaid School in Houston.
Well, offensive coordinator Billy Lynch reached out to someone very close to Granato.
Here's Lynch's letter:
"As you know we're trying to convince J.T. Rice is the place for him. I know you'd like to keep him close so he can feed you and change the litter box. Please help us to get him to choose us. Paw me if you have any questions."
Apparently the unique tactic worked, as Granato's father, John, posted on Twitter that the letter sealed the deal.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad