Arizona Cardinals' CB Patrick Peterson buys Tyrann Mathieu a birthday Rolex
There are the small day-to-day things like gourmet meals and world-class medical care, and there are the bigger perks like chartered flights and regular stays in five-star hotels.
But one member of the Arizona Cardinals secondary gave us some insight into another perk -- extravagant birthday presents.
Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu posted Thursday on Instagram that teammate Patrick Peterson bought him a Rolex Presidential for his 22nd birthday -- a watch that retails for around $25,000.
Peterson and Mathieu have known each other since playing their college ball at Louisiana State, and Peterson was instrumental in getting the Cardinals to buy into Mathieu after he was dismissed from LSU for off-the-field issues.
You'd think the Rolex exchange might be the other way around given the past between these two, but here's a definite benefit to having a former top-5 pick and one of the best corners in the NFL as a close friend.
Wrote Mathieu on Instagram: "My homies are cooler than yours. Thanks again bro @realpatrickpeterson #BirthdayGifts #Presidential #Rolex"
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security