Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
Unfortunately for El Paso Chihuahuas outfielder Jeff Francoeur, that entertainment sometimes comes at the expense of teammates.
Francoeur's teammates with the San Diego Padres' Triple-A affiliate pulled an elaborate prank, convincing him over the course of a month that teammate Jorge Reyes was deaf. Everyone was in on it, from former ASU head coach Pat Murphy to restaurant waitresses.
Then they broke Francoeur the news in one of the cruelest ways possible -- showing him a video and recording his reaction. Both can be seen below.
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge