Updated Feb 21, 2014 - 10:19 am
American bars boycotting Canadian beer during Olympic hockey game
But blue-blooded Americans aren't the only ones high on Olympic fever heading into the much-anticipated battle between North American foes. No, it seems businesses around the country are getting into the act as well.
The Amherst Ale House in Amherst, NY., doesn't mind taking a hit at the cash register during the game. It's pledged not to sell any Canadian beer Friday morning.
Ace's Bar in San Francisco, Calif., plans to go the other direction, pledging to serve American beers like Budweiser for three dollars and Canadian beers like Molson for 19 dollars.
Win or less, it's safe to assume the alcohol consumption will heavily favor the American companies come Friday.
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15