Updated Feb 20, 2014 - 2:36 pm
A day on the course doesn't go so well for one fan at WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship
You'll skip work to head out to the Golf Club and Dove Mountain in Marana for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship.
Heck, you'll follow around Rory McIlroy in his first-round match against Boo Weekley.
Until the 15th hole, that is, when McIlroy's drive missed the fairway and rested up against a rock. The South African tried to salvage a stroke by taking the shot as it lied. Big problem.
McIlroy immediately cringed after hitting the shot, which went into the crowd, forcing one spectator against a cholla cactus. For those reading this who are not desert dwellers, that hurts. A lot.
But on the bright side, even having ten cholla spines embedded in your back beats working, right?
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover