Arizona Wildcats troll ASU on the Twitter
Tuesday evening, the ASU Men's Basketball Twitter account sent out a tweet talking about the fact that Friday's matchup between the schools at Wells Fargo Arena has been sold out.
The Wildcats were pleased to take the credit.
A little harsh? Maybe, though it's true the Sun Devils usually see a significant increase in home attendance when the Wildcats are in town as the Arizona faithful look to transform the arena into "McKale North."
Though there are no official numbers for how the arena has been divided over the years, it's worth noting the most attended game of last season was on Jan. 19, when the Wildcats visited and won by a score of 71-54. The Wildcats filling up the arena has been a regular occurrence over the years.
Oh rivalries, they really aren't limited to the players these days. At least the ASU side seems to be trying to keep things on the friendly side.
Tipoff for the game is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. and the battle can be heard on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival