Oregon Ducks running back wears gold watch during Alamo Bowl
Oregon University's athletics department is known for having pretty deep pockets, and sometimes the players even manifest that quality when they suit up for games.
Such was the case with Ducks running back De'Anthony Thomas, who wore a gold watch on his left arm Monday in the Valero Alamo Bowl against Texas.
The watch appeared to have a leather band, which is pretty durable, but the 5-foot-9 junior's choice in accessories is head-scratching, albeit funny.
Thomas carried the ball three times for 13 yards and caught two passes for 24 yards as No. 10 Oregon rolled to a convincing 30-7 win over the Longhorns.
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15