Oregon Ducks running back wears gold watch during Alamo Bowl
Oregon University's athletics department is known for having pretty deep pockets, and sometimes the players even manifest that quality when they suit up for games.
Such was the case with Ducks running back De'Anthony Thomas, who wore a gold watch on his left arm Monday in the Valero Alamo Bowl against Texas.
The watch appeared to have a leather band, which is pretty durable, but the 5-foot-9 junior's choice in accessories is head-scratching, albeit funny.
Thomas carried the ball three times for 13 yards and caught two passes for 24 yards as No. 10 Oregon rolled to a convincing 30-7 win over the Longhorns.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security