Atlanta Hawks release fabulously tacky promo video for their cheerleader calender
The Atlanta Hawks have released a "trailer" for their newest cheerleader calendar. The video is called "Hawknado," an obvious riff on the Syfy channel's "Sharknado," which debuted in July.
"Hawknado" is a self-aware low-budget affair replete with cheesy background graphics and hair care products that become deadly weapons.
The opening slate says the video is rated "H" for "horribleness," including "bad acting, terrible effects, general cheesiness."
The narrator at one point says, "It's a transparent attempt to sell more swimsuit calendars."
Hawks sharpshooter Kyle Korver makes a cameo, and the video plays on pop culture elements such as "ain't nobody got time for that."
It's uncertain if the team has played this promo during a home game, but it may be the most awesomely bad NBA video since Mark Cuban tried to lure Dwight Howard to Dallas. At least the Hawks, hopefully, know they are being kitschy.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness