Atlanta Hawks release fabulously tacky promo video for their cheerleader calender
The Atlanta Hawks have released a "trailer" for their newest cheerleader calendar. The video is called "Hawknado," an obvious riff on the Syfy channel's "Sharknado," which debuted in July.
"Hawknado" is a self-aware low-budget affair replete with cheesy background graphics and hair care products that become deadly weapons.
The opening slate says the video is rated "H" for "horribleness," including "bad acting, terrible effects, general cheesiness."
The narrator at one point says, "It's a transparent attempt to sell more swimsuit calendars."
Hawks sharpshooter Kyle Korver makes a cameo, and the video plays on pop culture elements such as "ain't nobody got time for that."
It's uncertain if the team has played this promo during a home game, but it may be the most awesomely bad NBA video since Mark Cuban tried to lure Dwight Howard to Dallas. At least the Hawks, hopefully, know they are being kitschy.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns