Atlanta Hawks release fabulously tacky promo video for their cheerleader calender
The Atlanta Hawks have released a "trailer" for their newest cheerleader calendar. The video is called "Hawknado," an obvious riff on the Syfy channel's "Sharknado," which debuted in July.
"Hawknado" is a self-aware low-budget affair replete with cheesy background graphics and hair care products that become deadly weapons.
The opening slate says the video is rated "H" for "horribleness," including "bad acting, terrible effects, general cheesiness."
The narrator at one point says, "It's a transparent attempt to sell more swimsuit calendars."
Hawks sharpshooter Kyle Korver makes a cameo, and the video plays on pop culture elements such as "ain't nobody got time for that."
It's uncertain if the team has played this promo during a home game, but it may be the most awesomely bad NBA video since Mark Cuban tried to lure Dwight Howard to Dallas. At least the Hawks, hopefully, know they are being kitschy.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad