Updated Dec 4, 2013 - 10:52 am
D-backs' minor league affiliate gets owned...on Twitter
Actually, given Twitter's relative newness, can anything related to the medium be classified as "old fashioned?"
That's a question for another day, because today we're checking out the beef between the Reno Aces and Sacramento RiverCats.
The Aces are the Triple-A affiliate for the Arizona Diamondbacks, while the RiverCats hold the same distinction for the Oakland A's.
Billy Beane would be proud of this exchange.
.@aces River Cats are aquatically inclined felines with extremely flexible necks, developed from looking down at Reno in the standings.— River Cats (@RiverCats) December 4, 2013
Last season, the RiverCats finished with a 79-65 record, which bested Reno's mark of 60-84. However, Reno did win the PCL title and then the Triple-A National Championship Game in 2012, so it is not as if the club has never experienced success on the field.
Off the field, though, it appears they could use some work.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns