Cremation ashes dumped on field after Auburn win over Alabama
Alabama tried to kick a field goal at the buzzer and missed, and Auburn's Chris Davis caught the ball in the end zone and returned it 109 yards to give the Tigers a stunning 34-28 (see the video below).
Auburn's fans rushed the field after Davis's immaculate return, and one fan apparently left a loved one behind on the field -- permanently.
The Auburn Turf Team tweeted a photo Monday of cremation ashes that were dumped just inside the playing field near a sideline after the Iron Bowl.
The tweet seemed to be quite sympathetic do whoever was interred on the gridiron.
You've heard of people who spread a loved one's ashes in some treasured spot of the world, but this choice of venue is quite surprising, if not epic. Considering what happened on the field, it's hard to argue with the anonymous fan's choice of location for doing such a deed.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover