Kansas woman sells wedding rings for Chiefs-Broncos tickets
It was to one Kansas woman.
She made headlines by putting up her rings on Craigslist last week, and the Huffington Post reported Friday she found a taker.
Kansas City resident Rusty Jones, 49, gave two pairs of tickets to the unidentified woman in exchange for the wedding rings. Jones said he's been a Chiefs season ticket holder for 20 years and that he had been thinking about getting engagement rings with his girlfriend.
The trade didn't just land the unidentified woman Chiefs-Broncos tickets. She also got tickets for the Chiefs game against the San Diego Chargers on Nov. 24 due to the high appraised value of the rings.
USA Today says the woman had the engagement ring and wedding band from a previous marriage and that she had little emotional connection to them. She found it more important to get tickets to the Chiefs-Broncos game to surprise her husband for his 40th birthday.
Let's hope the Chiefs make the effort worth her while.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness