Denver Nuggets mascot lowered to court while unconscious
The man in the costume had the wind knocked out him as he descended upon the court in a harness, according to KMGH-TV. He collapsed upon touching the ground.
Rocky was able to walk off the court after being attended to by the Nuggets medical staff. He did not return to action for the rest of the game, however.
The camera angle during the live broadcast made it appear Rocky was hanging by his neck, but the line went to a harness on his back that was hidden by the mascot's large head.
Looks like it was painful either way.
Saturday morning, he tweeted an update, letting everybody know he's OK.
To add insult to injury, the Trail Blazers, perhaps still upset by their drubbing in Phoenix two days earlier, pummeled the Nuggets 113-98.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns