Denver Nuggets mascot lowered to court while unconscious
The man in the costume had the wind knocked out him as he descended upon the court in a harness, according to KMGH-TV. He collapsed upon touching the ground.
Rocky was able to walk off the court after being attended to by the Nuggets medical staff. He did not return to action for the rest of the game, however.
The camera angle during the live broadcast made it appear Rocky was hanging by his neck, but the line went to a harness on his back that was hidden by the mascot's large head.
Looks like it was painful either way.
Saturday morning, he tweeted an update, letting everybody know he's OK.
To add insult to injury, the Trail Blazers, perhaps still upset by their drubbing in Phoenix two days earlier, pummeled the Nuggets 113-98.
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge