Updated Oct 18, 2013 - 3:28 pm
Oregon, Nike get serious about breast cancer awareness
It's breast cancer awareness month, so Phil Knight and Nike have dressed the Ducks up in pink cleats and pink helmets and pink gloves and pink socks for Saturday's game versus Washington State.
To accentuate the hot pink and draw contrast -- and make you all the more aware -- the team will wear black jerseys and pants.
Somehow, despite having a millenia worth of uniforms, this will be the first time in school history that Oregon has worn pink. (They have, however, worn worse shades of highlighter yellow and neon green, making this hue of hot pink easy on the eyes.)
According to Nike, 25 helmets will be auctioned off following the game, with proceeds going to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund.
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival