Avalanche, Ducks coaches feud after rough hit on rookie
Lovejoy took out MacKinnon's legs with less than 30 seconds left in the game as the Avalanche were leading 6-0. The seemingly dirty hit riled up both benches as the game came to a close (the final score was 6-1).
First-year Colorado head coach Patrick Roy began yelling at opposing head coach Bruce Boudreau from behind a glass partition.
But Roy didn't stop there, pushing the partition toward the Ducks coach. Boudreau blocked the initial push, but Roy thrust it further down. Ducks players intervened and pushed it back upright.
Watch the inflammatory hit in the first video, then see the coaches' heated exchange in the second clip. It's well worth it.
On Thursday, Roy was fined by the league $10,000 for the outburst. Interesting way to end your first regular season game as a head coach.
- Marotta's 5th Annual Fictional Bowl Games for College Football's Also-rans
- Carson Palmer spreads holiday cheer...or something like that
- Trail Blazers center Robin Lopez doesn't like mascots who mock his hairstyle
- Rudolph is a shortstop, apparently
- MLB releases techno-themed Arizona Diamondbacks video for the holidays