Virginia Tech to wear ugly 'Hokie Stone' helmet Thursday night
How else would you explain what Virginia Tech plans on wearing Thursday night when the Hokies take on Georgia Tech?
The team posted an image of its new "Hokie Stone" helmets, which are meant to look like they are made of, you guessed it, stone.
According to Wikipedia, Hokie Stone is "a grey dolomite-limestone rock found near Blacksburg, in western Virginia." The site also states it is "exclusively quarried for use by Virginia Tech projects." Many of the school's buildings are made with the stone, which looks nice on buildings.
Just not so much on helmets.
- Seahawks-49ers battle spills over into public transportation
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome