Virginia Tech to wear ugly 'Hokie Stone' helmet Thursday night
How else would you explain what Virginia Tech plans on wearing Thursday night when the Hokies take on Georgia Tech?
The team posted an image of its new "Hokie Stone" helmets, which are meant to look like they are made of, you guessed it, stone.
According to Wikipedia, Hokie Stone is "a grey dolomite-limestone rock found near Blacksburg, in western Virginia." The site also states it is "exclusively quarried for use by Virginia Tech projects." Many of the school's buildings are made with the stone, which looks nice on buildings.
Just not so much on helmets.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover