Former UNLV coach Lon Kruger mistakenly shown on Nevada billboard
A recent billboard ad along Interstate 215 in Nevada advertises for UNLV football and basketball tickets using the pictures of Bobby Hauck and Lon Kruger.
The only problem? Kruger hasn't been the basketball team's head coach since 2011. He is now the coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.
Dave Rice is UNLV's current basketball coach. Apparently, he doesn't have the star power that Kruger had to sell tickets.
"To us, it's not a laughing matter," UNLV's interim athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy told the Las Vegas Review-Journal Wednesday. "We think what happened was the billboard company was doing us a favor by posting the ad but our marketing people never saw it."
Well, at least the ad got one of the current coaches -- Hauck, the football program's head coach -- correct.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness