Former UNLV coach Lon Kruger mistakenly shown on Nevada billboard
A recent billboard ad along Interstate 215 in Nevada advertises for UNLV football and basketball tickets using the pictures of Bobby Hauck and Lon Kruger.
The only problem? Kruger hasn't been the basketball team's head coach since 2011. He is now the coach of the Oklahoma Sooners.
Dave Rice is UNLV's current basketball coach. Apparently, he doesn't have the star power that Kruger had to sell tickets.
"To us, it's not a laughing matter," UNLV's interim athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy told the Las Vegas Review-Journal Wednesday. "We think what happened was the billboard company was doing us a favor by posting the ad but our marketing people never saw it."
Well, at least the ad got one of the current coaches -- Hauck, the football program's head coach -- correct.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent