Bat of a different kind makes its way onto baseball field
After all, it is the very tool players use to hit the ball.
But the bat that landed on the field in the top of the second inning of the Atlanta Braves' game with the Philadelphia Phillies was not made of wood. No, it had wings and we assume fangs.
Fortunately for all involved, Braves third baseman Paul Janish was able to scoop up the beast in his glove, hand it over to a bat boy and let the whole situation pass without incident.
- Joakim Noah saddened to learn it has been snowing in Chicago
- Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
- Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
- Aldridge, Lillard, Trail Blazers guest star in 'Portlandia' episode
- Suns, Mavericks engage in comical pregame banter on Twitter