Bat of a different kind makes its way onto baseball field
After all, it is the very tool players use to hit the ball.
But the bat that landed on the field in the top of the second inning of the Atlanta Braves' game with the Philadelphia Phillies was not made of wood. No, it had wings and we assume fangs.
Fortunately for all involved, Braves third baseman Paul Janish was able to scoop up the beast in his glove, hand it over to a bat boy and let the whole situation pass without incident.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns