Updated Aug 12, 2013 - 4:31 pm
J.J. Putz thunderstruck by mysterious premature guitar riff
The clubhouse prankster was Thunderstruck a split-second prior to delivering a pitch to New York Mets second baseman Justin Turner during the ninth inning.
The blaring noise, later identified as the beginning of Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart," was so loud and alarming that it caused Putz to spike the ball directly in front of the pitcher's mound while catcher Wil Nieves quickly jumped to his feet from behind the plate, flailing his arms confusedly in the air, looking upward.
But the mystery didn't last long, as the apparent guilty party -- a Chase Field sound tech -- raised his hands, as if to announce responsibility.
How'd it feel, J.J.?
- Joakim Noah saddened to learn it has been snowing in Chicago
- Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
- Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
- Aldridge, Lillard, Trail Blazers guest star in 'Portlandia' episode
- Suns, Mavericks engage in comical pregame banter on Twitter