Soccer celebration leads to Gramatica-esque injury
Playing for Brazilian team Sport Club International, he scored the very first goal of his career Wednesday night. It gave his team a 3-1 lead, and him a reason to celebrate.
That celebration went a bit awry.
Performing a cartwheel that led into a backflip, Maurides, as he's known, landed awkwardly and required a stretcher to be taken off the field.
That's got to hurt, both his knee and his pride.
The good thing is if things get rough for the guy, he can always give former Arizona Cardinal Bill Gramatica a call. After all, the two of them now have something in common.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad