Soccer celebration leads to Gramatica-esque injury
Playing for Brazilian team Sport Club International, he scored the very first goal of his career Wednesday night. It gave his team a 3-1 lead, and him a reason to celebrate.
That celebration went a bit awry.
Performing a cartwheel that led into a backflip, Maurides, as he's known, landed awkwardly and required a stretcher to be taken off the field.
That's got to hurt, both his knee and his pride.
The good thing is if things get rough for the guy, he can always give former Arizona Cardinal Bill Gramatica a call. After all, the two of them now have something in common.
- Seahawks-49ers battle spills over into public transportation
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome