Soccer celebration leads to Gramatica-esque injury
Playing for Brazilian team Sport Club International, he scored the very first goal of his career Wednesday night. It gave his team a 3-1 lead, and him a reason to celebrate.
That celebration went a bit awry.
Performing a cartwheel that led into a backflip, Maurides, as he's known, landed awkwardly and required a stretcher to be taken off the field.
That's got to hurt, both his knee and his pride.
The good thing is if things get rough for the guy, he can always give former Arizona Cardinal Bill Gramatica a call. After all, the two of them now have something in common.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover