Soccer celebration leads to Gramatica-esque injury
Playing for Brazilian team Sport Club International, he scored the very first goal of his career Wednesday night. It gave his team a 3-1 lead, and him a reason to celebrate.
That celebration went a bit awry.
Performing a cartwheel that led into a backflip, Maurides, as he's known, landed awkwardly and required a stretcher to be taken off the field.
That's got to hurt, both his knee and his pride.
The good thing is if things get rough for the guy, he can always give former Arizona Cardinal Bill Gramatica a call. After all, the two of them now have something in common.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent