Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 7:54 am
Young Ohio State fan names his tumor Michigan, beats cancer
For either side, losing is not an acceptable option.
In the spirit of the great rivalry on the field, 12-year-old Grant Reed, a devout Buckeyes supporter, decided to help motivate himself defeat an off-the-field battle.
In 2011, Reed was diagnosed with a brain tumor -- a tumor which he later named Michigan.
The trick seemed to work, because according to USA Today, Reed's cancer is now in remission.
We think this is one battle Michigan fans won't mind losing.
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival