Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 7:54 am
Young Ohio State fan names his tumor Michigan, beats cancer
For either side, losing is not an acceptable option.
In the spirit of the great rivalry on the field, 12-year-old Grant Reed, a devout Buckeyes supporter, decided to help motivate himself defeat an off-the-field battle.
In 2011, Reed was diagnosed with a brain tumor -- a tumor which he later named Michigan.
The trick seemed to work, because according to USA Today, Reed's cancer is now in remission.
We think this is one battle Michigan fans won't mind losing.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15
- Former ASU quarterback, congressional candidate Andrew Walter takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- Brawl mars Cowboys-Raiders joint practice
- Landon Donovan takes denial to a new level of awesome in Foot Locker ad