Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 7:54 am
Young Ohio State fan names his tumor Michigan, beats cancer
For either side, losing is not an acceptable option.
In the spirit of the great rivalry on the field, 12-year-old Grant Reed, a devout Buckeyes supporter, decided to help motivate himself defeat an off-the-field battle.
In 2011, Reed was diagnosed with a brain tumor -- a tumor which he later named Michigan.
The trick seemed to work, because according to USA Today, Reed's cancer is now in remission.
We think this is one battle Michigan fans won't mind losing.
- Blazers guard Damian Lillard offends NBA and NFL legends in Foot Locker commercial
- Brewers catcher literally knocks the cover off the ball
- FOX cameraman tumbles while filming home run trot
- Spurs fan gets a haircut that might actually be awesome
- Astros misspell top prospect's name in Major League debut