Updated Jul 4, 2013 - 4:40 pm
Smack-talking robot challenges Rory McIlroy
McIlroy said he used to sharpen his skills by hitting golf balls into his mother's washing machine.
In the video, a robot takes him to task on a driving range filled with washing machines -- mostly front-loading ones, with a couple top-loaders in the mix.
Both McIlory and the jeering robot -- which the European Tour's YouTube page calls a Golf Laboratory Computer Controlled Hitting Machine -- have trouble making many of their shots. The washing machines don't exactly stay stationary, either, as you will see in the video.
Wait until you see how difficult the final challenge of the showdown is, and who emerges victorious.
- Joakim Noah saddened to learn it has been snowing in Chicago
- Big Papi, 'Selfiegate' spoofed on Saturday Night Live
- Jeff Francoeur's teammates trick him into thinking a teammate is deaf
- Aldridge, Lillard, Trail Blazers guest star in 'Portlandia' episode
- Suns, Mavericks engage in comical pregame banter on Twitter