Updated Jun 27, 2013 - 11:59 am
Sacramento Kings fans have crazy shooting range
After a long, arduous and stressful time where it looked like they'd be heading north to Seattle, the franchise which has called the California capital home since 1986 is staying put.
And as a way to drum up some positive P.R., the new owners thought it would be a good idea to let fans shoot half-court shots for season tickets. Easy formula -- you make it, you win the tickets.
In all, five Kings fans drained the shot and won ducats for next season.
There's no truth to the rumor that Kings scouts offered contracts to the fans who sunk the shot. But maybe it's not a bad idea -- after all, the Kings won just 28 games and were 19th in the league in shooting percentage.
H/T to Yahoo! Sports
- The ALS slime bucket challenge?
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months