Updated Jun 27, 2013 - 11:59 am
Sacramento Kings fans have crazy shooting range
After a long, arduous and stressful time where it looked like they'd be heading north to Seattle, the franchise which has called the California capital home since 1986 is staying put.
And as a way to drum up some positive P.R., the new owners thought it would be a good idea to let fans shoot half-court shots for season tickets. Easy formula -- you make it, you win the tickets.
In all, five Kings fans drained the shot and won ducats for next season.
There's no truth to the rumor that Kings scouts offered contracts to the fans who sunk the shot. But maybe it's not a bad idea -- after all, the Kings won just 28 games and were 19th in the league in shooting percentage.
H/T to Yahoo! Sports
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent