Updated Jun 13, 2013 - 6:17 pm
New York Mets nearly made deal with dating website
According to ESPN New York, the Mets came close to making a deal with "Courgarlife.com," the goal of which would have been to help get third baseman David Wright into the Midsummer Classic.
Wright recently had been named "MLB's Hottest Cub" via a vote of more than 11,000 respondents on the dating website Cougarlife.com -- topping the likes of Cole Hamels and Matt Kemp. So a Mets employee approached the dating site, inquiring if it might want to help Wright overtake San Francisco Giants third baseman Pablo Sandoval in NL All-Star voting at third base.
The prospective arrangement, first reported by Deadspin, eventually was nixed by the employee's superior.
It is being reported that the Mets did reach out to the site to see about a possible arrangement, but ultimately decided against the deal.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns