Updated Jun 4, 2013 - 2:18 pm
Rockets forward can't make prom, but does next-best thing
@chandlerparsons pleaseeee make my life and escort me to my prom on May 31st!!! A simple response would make up for it. I am a huge fan!!!— Stephanie Flores (@steph_marie03) May 20, 2013
And, it turns out, he's like many professional athletes (or otherwise famous people) who have declined.
Thanks for the invite @steph_marie03. Unfortunately I'm not in Houston. I hope you have a great time!! Be safe.— Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) May 21, 2013
Anyway, that would be the end of (a rather boring) the story, except Parsons didn't just say no and move on with his life.
As noted by Ultimate Rockets, Parsons and the team arranged to have a party bus sent to the adoring fan, which then took her and her friends to the dance.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent