Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 8:45 am
Can Dwight Howard shoot free throws better than a Phoenix housewife?
Since then, it's been a steady decline. In his first year in Los Angeles, the Lakers center hit just 49 percent of his charity tosses. It was the second straight season he hit just 49 percent.
Frustrated L.A. Times columnist T.J. Simers got an idea -- pit Howard against his daughter Kelly Nielsen (who lives in Phoenix) in a free throw-shooting contest.
The catch? Howard would shoot left-handed because, as Simers put it, the center is "no good right-handed" and Kelly would shoot right-handed. If Howard lost, he'd contribute $5,000 to charity and if Nielsen came up short, she and her dad would cough up $500.
See the results of the wager in the video below.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover