Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 8:45 am
Can Dwight Howard shoot free throws better than a Phoenix housewife?
Since then, it's been a steady decline. In his first year in Los Angeles, the Lakers center hit just 49 percent of his charity tosses. It was the second straight season he hit just 49 percent.
Frustrated L.A. Times columnist T.J. Simers got an idea -- pit Howard against his daughter Kelly Nielsen (who lives in Phoenix) in a free throw-shooting contest.
The catch? Howard would shoot left-handed because, as Simers put it, the center is "no good right-handed" and Kelly would shoot right-handed. If Howard lost, he'd contribute $5,000 to charity and if Nielsen came up short, she and her dad would cough up $500.
See the results of the wager in the video below.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns