Updated Jun 2, 2013 - 12:54 pm
Orioles struggle to spell star catcher's name correctly
But while the two-time All-Star has become a fan favorite in "Charm City" his name might not be as well-known as he thought.
Last June, Wieters belted a three-run home run out onto Eutaw Street, where the warehouse behind Camden Yards resides.
The feat has been accomplished 68 times since the ballpark opened in 1992, and each time the Orioles honor it with a plaque that includes the player, his team, the date and the home run's distance.
Unfortunately, the Orioles ran into some spelling trouble when it came to commemorating their star catcher's long ball.
(H/T USA Today Sports )
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness