Updated May 29, 2013 - 9:16 am
Twins rookie wears wrong jersey in game
Take the Minnesota Twins, for example.
The Twins feature a home white uniform with pinstripes, a home alternate off-white uniform with pinstripes, two alternated dark blue jerseys and a road gray uniform set.
It can be a little difficult to keep up with what you're wearing on a game-to-game basis...especially if you're a rookie.
Case in point: Minnesota rookie Chris Colabello pinch-hit in the top of the ninth during the Twins' 6-5, 14-inning win over the Brewers in Milwaukee Tuesday night. Colabello reached base on an error, and that's when the Twins television crew realized he was wearing the alternate home blue jersey and not the alternate road blue jersey the rest of his teammates were sporting.
Colabello could blame the equipment guys, right? Who in their right mind would pack a home jersey for a road trip?
Again, he's a rookie with 11 at-bats to his credit, so that's probably not going to fly.
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent
- Ken Griffey Jr. not exactly thrilled during this interview
- Roger, Roger: Kareem reprises his Airplane! role for Wisconsin ad
- Sun Devil football trolls their in-state rival
- Tyreke Evans gets stuck in elevator prior to facing Suns