Updated May 24, 2013 - 3:55 pm
NESN treats fake news as real news
On Thursday, the site published a story saying Chicago Bears great Brian Urlacher signed a one-day contract with the Green Bay Packers so he could "go out a winner."
Funny, because Urlacher's Bears are a big-time rival of the Packers.
Well, as DeadSpin pointed out, the New England Sports Network thought it was a real story and ran with it as part of their sports ticker during an ACC baseball game.
Nice job, NESN.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security