Updated May 20, 2013 - 9:27 am
Batter celebrates home run, only it wasn't a home run
When it's caught by an outfielder.
Such was the case for Jeon Jun-woo of the Korean League's Lotte Giants, who fell to the NC Dinos by a score of 6-4 last week. That alone isn't too funny or even Haboob worthy, but the fact that the player thought he hit a game-tying home run in the bottom of the ninth inning was.
Jun-woo was so confident the ball was leaving the yard that he started celebrating, only to see it land in the left fielder's glove.
It was very Willie Mays Hayes-esque, and because we're cool like this, below is a clip from Major League II.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover