Updated May 20, 2013 - 8:47 am
Josh Collmenter makes circus catch vs. Marlins
But during the course of the game, the team produced one of the best catches in baseball this season.
Leading off the eighth inning, Adeiny Hechavarria tried to bunt against D-backs reliever Josh Collmenter. The Marlins' shortstop popped it up however, and Arizona catcher Miguel Montero made a sliding attempt to catch the ball down the third base line.
It popped out of his glove and off of Collmenter's bare hand. As the pitcher avoided his sliding catcher, he snared the ball with his bare hand.
Certainly a catch you don't see every day.
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15