Updated May 20, 2013 - 8:47 am
Josh Collmenter makes circus catch vs. Marlins
But during the course of the game, the team produced one of the best catches in baseball this season.
Leading off the eighth inning, Adeiny Hechavarria tried to bunt against D-backs reliever Josh Collmenter. The Marlins' shortstop popped it up however, and Arizona catcher Miguel Montero made a sliding attempt to catch the ball down the third base line.
It popped out of his glove and off of Collmenter's bare hand. As the pitcher avoided his sliding catcher, he snared the ball with his bare hand.
Certainly a catch you don't see every day.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security