Updated May 13, 2013 - 1:26 pm
Mark Cuban asks YOU to design team's new uniforms
He has no issue spending money in an effort to win, and he seems to 'get it' with regards to fans.
And yet, he's found a way to be even cooler.
Cuban and the Mavericks would like to have a new look in the 2015-16 season, which means they need redesigned uniforms.
And where will they turn for the design?
The fans, of course.
In a blog post, Cuban essentially lays out the ground rules.
They want the look to "stay true" to the franchise's tradition and is not a total revamp of the color scheme. Also, anything that is submitted -- whether it's chosen or not -- will belong to the Mavericks.
"If you think its horrible that the Mavs own your design. Do not post. If you think its cool that the Mavs could possibly use your design and you will have eternal bragging rights, then post away."
Cuban also said tickets may be given out, and designs will be posted online so folks can "glance lovingly" at them.
The owner goes on to note that it's possible none of the designs will be chosen, and the contest will run through the last day in May.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover