Updated May 6, 2013 - 11:10 am
Local head shop 'welcomes' Tyrann Mathieu to town
That's because Tyrann Mathieu smoked a lot of marijuana during his college career at LSU.
The Arizona Cardinals made Mathieu their third-round draft pick last month in move that was both praised and questioned.
Most believe that if Mathieu can keep his nose (or lungs, in this case) clean, he'll pay big dividends on the field. He's a unique football player with uncanny instincts on the gridiron. But whether he can do that remains to be seen, thus making the pick a risky one for the Cardinals.
Mathieu, known as "Honey Badger", has said all the right things and has repeated that he just wants to play football.
So imagine how he (and his representation) must feel seeing the lengths one local business took in welcoming him to the Valley. The ad below appeared in the latest edition of the Phoenix New Times.
Really, there's nothing like conjuring up someone's past for the sake of drumming up more business. It's very classy, and I'm sure your bong, err, I mean water pipe sales will increase exponentially.
- Justin Bieber pays visit to Rick Barnes, UT basketball team
- Dad of the Year candidate gets souvenir at Florida spring training game
- Obscure your eyes, the LA KISS have unveiled their uniforms
- Wichita State's MVC t-shirts shockingly flawed
- High school hockey player executes earth-shattering clothesline on opponent