Updated Apr 21, 2013 - 12:36 pm
FCC Chairman: No problem with Ortiz's cursing
In the Red Sox's first home game since the Boston Marathon bombings, fans were treated to a stadium-wide anthem rendition, an appearance by Neil Diamond and a game-winning home run by Daniel Nava in the eighth inning.
Oh, and the return of David Ortiz.
During the day's pre-game ceremonies, Big Papi gave an impassioned speech to the crowd -- one that featured a prominent F-bomb. Ortiz's foul mouth was aired on NESN's live broadcast, but it didn't seem rattle the folks over at the FCC.
Here's what FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski had to say on the matter:
David Ortiz spoke from the heart at today's Red Sox game. I stand with Big Papi and the people of Boston - Julius— The FCC (@FCC) April 20, 2013
It's nice to see in the wake of recent events, the FCC can let one curse word slide.
- Peyton Manning -- not a good dancer
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover