Updated Apr 15, 2013 - 6:11 am
Dodgers fans asked to wear D-backs gear at Chase Field
According to Deadspin.com, a group of Los Angeles Dodgers fans were taking in Friday's action from the Batter's Box Suite behind home plate, and despite the lofty price tag ($3,200-$3,500 rental fee) were told by D-backs managing general partner Ken Kendrick that they needed to change their clothing.
The team later provided its reasoning in an email to Deadspin:
Due to the high visibility of the home plate box, we ask opposing team's fans when they purchase those seats to refrain from wearing that team's colors. During last night's game, when Ken Kendrick noticed the fans there, he offered them another suite if they preferred to remain in their Dodger gear. When they chose to stay, he bought them all D-backs gear and a round of drinks and requested that they abide by our policy and they obliged.
So, while the fans weren't treated to a Dodgers' victory, it sounds like they made out just fine. Free gear, free drinks and a nice place on the Haboob blog.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness