Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 11:00 am
Suns lose on buzzer-beating goaltend
With the score tied at 98 and the clock winding down, Houston guard James Harden fired up a three-point attempt. It bounced high off the rim -- and probably wasn't going to drop through the net -- but Suns center Jermaine O'Neal, ever the wily veteran, went up for the rebound and grabbed the rim and made contact with the ball in the process.
And that, as we all know, is a big "no-no" in hoops.
clever ploy to help the team tank gaffe resulted in a goaltending call, which gave the Rockets three points and the win.
- Arizona Western punter's punt may be worst ever
- Florida Panthers replace cracked glass with non-transparent pane
- Fan sets home Christmas lights to Auburn fight song, historic field goal return
- ESPN celebrates Dick Vitale with impressions
- Watch college basketball fans go crazy on their team's 10th point of game