Updated Apr 10, 2013 - 11:00 am
Suns lose on buzzer-beating goaltend
With the score tied at 98 and the clock winding down, Houston guard James Harden fired up a three-point attempt. It bounced high off the rim -- and probably wasn't going to drop through the net -- but Suns center Jermaine O'Neal, ever the wily veteran, went up for the rebound and grabbed the rim and made contact with the ball in the process.
And that, as we all know, is a big "no-no" in hoops.
clever ploy to help the team tank gaffe resulted in a goaltending call, which gave the Rockets three points and the win.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security