Updated Apr 8, 2013 - 7:38 am
South African fan attacks ref with vuvuzela
It might warrant a boo or a not-so friendly chant, but apparently there is no universal rule about fan conduct.
During a South African premiere league match Saturday between the Kaizer Chiefs and Golden Arrows, one fan rushed the field to express his disdain for a ref. But of course, what would a soccer match in South Africa be without a vuvuzela.
The good news was that the official didn't seem to be hurt after being smacked with the plastic "weapon". And while we don't condone the fan's actions, well, at least he didn't produce that annoying sound with the vuvuzela.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security